Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Unknown Mod :/

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by ujshaw, Jun 6, 2011.

1. g'day guys, few weeks ago picked up my first bike which is a 1990 FZR250 and currently in process of getting Rego on Thursday. But caught to my attention on the side of the bike is a Modification Plate that Reads "LK7 to Duel" and just wanted to know if this needs to go on to the forms?

2. Something to do with the seating capacity of the bike. So I'd say rego and insurance need to know this.

3. thanks for the link. but by the look of it most people convert from a two seater to a one seater, when i got bike had pegs on the back and looked like a normal FZR so ill probably register it as a two seater and show them the plate when they do inspection.
  4. Just so ya know, in order to be reg'd as a two seater, you have to have the Rear pegs on (as you say) and the rear seat must be fitted, not a cowl, or it will get reg'd as a one seater. I had an issue with this as I had the rear pegs on but a rear cowl and they told me to either put a seat on, or remove the pegs...
    so I just settled for a one seater and removed the pegs on the spot.
  5. Maybe yours had been converted to single in the past, and has been re-converted to dual, that would explain the "LK7 to dual" plate. I don't know if that's how the system works though.
  6. It says lk7 to "Duel" on the compliance plate, clearly it has been modified for motorcycle jousting. En Garde.
  7. thats what i thought the mole but it didnt look like it mattered, took it to vicroads and got registered no problems. thanks for the help guys and lol at VTRaffair :D