Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Uni students open me.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by BRK, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Greetings,

Just curious to know how many riders attend university here?
    Im studying P.E/Health.

Any others?

2. I do. You will meet heaps of riders at uni.
  3. where's here. :?:
  4. here, as in netrider.

mild apologies.
  5. "Uni students open me" :? :? :shock: :shock: :LOL: :LOL:
  6. i've been known to study uni students :grin:
  7. I attend this institution.
  8. I work for a University, does that count?
  9. Exercise and Sport Sci, although I don't ride just yet :p Soon my precious, soooon...
  10. Graduated in December. God that was such a good day.
  11. Finished my PE/Health secondary education degree 3 years ago. Enjoying the benefits of school holidays and the pay now.
  12. aye, i go to uni and can't wait to get paid instead of stitched up. ride almost every day great parking as it saves me 300 a year
  13. Yeah, there are two quite large bike parking areas at my uni, both full of a very wide range of interesting bikes. I'm on the other side of the lectern, but still at uni.

(btw I know some of the nice, expensive new bikes I see belong to profs, but I think a fair few belong to students too. Rich b*&^&^s - felt bad having the PhD and still riding up on my 20 year old POS bike! At least the new bike helps a lot with that!)
  14. I don't think any of the new, shiny bikes here are owned by staff - the few that do ride all have much older bikes, and rarely ever ride them to work (probably because they know all to well how most Uni students drive).
  15. i do .

go to monash and have noticed that the number of bikes have increased heaps. but yea saves me 300 dollars a year. uni shits me , its become more of a business than anything else . youd expect atleast the food to be cheap but even thats not the case.

theres my rant for the day
  16. i agree. You are truley on your own at uni, cant expect any help/ goodwill from anyone.

At Kiosk- "can i please change this $5 for coins, so i can park?" Response: "No, buy something first!"
    "But i only have this $5, and thats the cost of parking!"
    Response: "You holding up the line, go away"

Least with a bike you can stick it up em and park right outside your lecture. And it does save a shizenload of money in parking!

17. That's because they abolished compulsory student unionism - which happened because they used the word "union" and they started getting far too political (especially the Melbourne Unis).

I miss the days of the 2 buck hotdog, 5 buck jugs of beer and live bands performing every Wednesday :(.
  18. I'm at Uni. Last year, but i don't wanna leave.
  19. I bailed on my course because I was a know it all little shit.
    Of course, my job title does now say "Software Engineer", oh well I guess the piece of paper wasn't as necessary as my Dad implied.