Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Unexpected hazard.

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by brunswickbiker, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Friday night pissing down with rain, crossing a main rd from one side street to go down another one waiting for a break in endless traffic.

Traffic finally clears so I jet across only to be almost taken out by some kid (late teens) riding a scooter (whipper snipper motor power kind) speeding down the footpath doing at least 30k/h with no lights and not looking when he crossed the road.

I swerved and he jumped off so no collision, but scared us both.

I'm on my L's and promised myself and others I'd never ride home at night in the wet, but its kind of hard when you ride to work in the morning and no sign of rain. Not a comfy experience but not too bad apart from scooter boy.

2. I hope you gave him an earful then rode off with his scooter under one arm.

3. To tell you the truth I was so wet and almost home, I just yelled "MAAATE" through my helmet and he was swearing his head off at me (he had just had a good fright).

With my current ability by the time I had have pulled a U-turn to blast him he'd be well on his way.

4. I think that this might be a good time to reflect on the wise words of TISM.

5. [/quote]

that's the best part :>

school hours are a good way to know what to expect

6. Speaking of unexpected hazards. On monday night going round the crazy fun 270 degree onramp between the south gippy and the monash there was a caravan front wheel thingy in the middle of the road. You know the big metal things with a winder on the top to jack it up. I didn't hit it but it made me wonder what would happen if I did. :eek:

7. haha I'd pay large amounts of money to see something like that