Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by nil_orally, Jan 23, 2006.

1. From this week's News of the Weird:

The family of a 55-year-old motorcyclist filed a lawsuit in December over the man's death, which allegedly occurred when he was hit on Highway 16 near Custer, S.D., by an airborne toilet. (The portable toilet had come off of a truck of Sander Sanitation Co.)

Let's be careful out there.
  2. What a way to go.
  3. i wonder what the last words he spoke were ...... "holy crap" ??
  4. shitty way to die
  5. when you gotta go... you gotta go.
  6. It just proves the dangers of laneshitting. Ban it - you know it makes sense.
  7. What's the mathematical chances of getting hit by an errant portaloo? I would think it would be about the same as being hit by a flying yak, or a piece of a spacecraft! Man that guy was unlucky....
  8. A sad demonstration of the flipside of pot luck.
  9. You could say he was a real loo-ser!
  10. Talk about having a shit day. :LOL:
  11. he knew he was in the poo, he thought he'd come out of it smelling like roses... he was underturd...
  12. cmon guys, the poor rider is dead...
  13. oh... didn't read that bit.
    'flushed' with embarrassment :oops:
  14. Clearly caught with his pants down....

Sorry Drew, couldn't resist... as serious as the incident was, there are some great one liners in this thread. Humour in the face of negativity is human - my guess is that the guy would probably have appreciated the one liners.

On a serious note, never ride behind a laden trailer or tradey ute. I did once in my noob days... and had a large piece of plaster board fly off, arc high in the air and hit me hard in the front right fairing and leg as I was braking and swerving. The outcome could have been very different... I could have really been plastered! :) lol.
  15. my fave :oops:

Cheers :cool:
  16. That's great advice that'll stop you from getting board on the road...
  17. geerr-oan, Loz.
  18. Oh you love it.
  19. Speaking of stuff flying out at freeway speeds. Who hasn't ridden past a live chicken transport trucks noting the feathers and what not flying out. Just wondering if a small, undersized or desperate chicken starving itself 'jockey style' could escape. At freeway speeds that could be somewhat problematic. What would hit you first? The chicken or its egg?
  20. hard to tell, but it would be a foul result either way
    {beat you to it, Loz, :p}