Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Underseat Tool Kit

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by JonThorpe, Jan 27, 2009.

1. I got my Triumph Street Triple on the weekend and was surprised to hear that they don't come with a toolkit (just an allen key)

This was quite a surprise, but nevertheless, I'll need to buy one and don't think it's worth the $85 price tag for the official Triumph one.

I could probably put my own together, but are there any sets available that would have me covered?

2. Just put the bike in for its first service, and when they present you with the bill, tell them you're paying them $85 less in lieu of the toolkit they are too money-grubbing to throw in as part of the original equipment. Jeez, I knew England was doing it tough, but that's just plain highway robbery :evil:.

3. Too Harsh

Before I boought my beloved street3 I did a few googles and knew it didn't come with a tool kit. I still love the bike and don't think I'll be returning it for not having a toolkit as it's the best value for money bike in it's class on the market.

What tools do you need that you shouldn't already have?
    Spanner set, screwdriver set etc.
    I mean, you've probably had bikes before right?
    Anyways, it comes with a 2 year warranty so if anything needs fixing get the garage to fix so as not to void it.

Highway robbery? I don't think so.
    Would you be happier if they made the base price 12585 instead of 12500 and told you the toolkit was 'free'?

Anyway, hope you can get over it and have as much enjoyment on the bike as I'm getting!
    Safe riding

4. you could probably pick one up from another bike from the wreckers for 5 or 10 bucks :wink:

5. That guy who was booked for 212kph in a 70 zone had a tool on top of his seat.

6. Might be worth adding a tyre puncture kit in as well.

7. Here are some tools for your kit
    leib_port6b.

8. :rofl: