Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

UN Secretary General offers me money

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by smee, Jul 9, 2010.

1. I'm serious he offered me USD $500 000.
    All I have to do is call some dude in Nigeria
    Here is the email I was sent!!!

Attention: Beneficiary,

How are you today? Hope all is well with you and family?, You may not understand why this mail came to you. We have been having a meeting for the passed 7 months which ended 2days ago with the then secretary to the UNITED NATION. This email is to all the people that have been scammed in any part of the world, the UNITED NATIONS IN Affiliation with WORLD BANK have agreed to compensate them with the sum of US$ 500,000.00.

This includes every foreign contractors that may have not received their contract sum, and people that have had an unfinished transaction or international businesses that failed due to Government problems etc. We found your name in our list and that is why we are contacting you,this have been agreed upon and have been signed.

You are advised to contact Mr Jim Ovia of our paying center in Africa,as he is our representative in Nigeria, contact him immediately for your Cheque/ International Bank Draft of USD$500,000.00. This funds are in a Bank Draft for security purpose ok? so he will send it to you and you can clear it in any bank of your choice. Therefore,you should send him your full Name and telephone number your correct mailing address where you want him to send the Draft to you.

Person to Contact: Mr Jim Ovia
    Email: officer.jim.ovia.bankzenith@gala.net
    Phone: +234 8074595000

Thanks and God bless you and your family. Hoping to hear from you as soon as you cash your Bank Draft. Making the world a better place.

Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon.

2. Oh lucky-y-y-y!
  3. I received the same email, its not really the UN Secretary .

Check the hidden headers of the email.

It's actually one K.Rudd ... poor bastard has to do something to keep busy and relevant these days.
  4. Like from Chasing Amy?
  5. that's a REALLY long meeting!!! their poor families must have been devastated to lose them for so long! :(
  6. I don't know what the fuss is, TAKE IT!!
  7. I got a letter from Baron Baronski the other day, who despite being almost unreadable assures me he is from England.
  8. Piss off. I got that email a few days ago. That money is MINE!
  9. Gee, I never get those emails. Guess my email filtering is pretty good, eh?
  10. they just don't trust you with the money. It takes an honest person to know one.
  11. Damn, I've been rumbled. :(
  12. I heard they're splitting the money on a first come, first serve basis for the first x amount of people, so I already sent them two cheques to make sure that they definitely get my deposit money.
    My money should be here any day.... \\:D/
  13. Well they've apparently sent me the first instalment... :)

14. Having received your communications regarding the payment of a sum of USD$500,000 in relation to an unfortunate series of events that led, in part, to personal financial ruin, I am most grateful and excited to proceed with the transfer.

As for the details that you will need, please be advised of the following:

John Winston Howard

1 Kirribilli Ave, Kirribilli, 2061, Sydney, NSW, Australia

You can contact our residence via the redirected number on 1800 123 400. You will need to tell the operator to transfer you to John Howard.

Send my regards to the Secretary General, and I thank you all for attempting to alleviate the scourge of Online Fraud.

Kind Regards,
    John Winston Howard.
  15. Seriously, do people actually fall for this shit??
  16. Someone rang my mother the other day (who is all but computer illiterate) and told her she had a virus on her computer and was trying to get her to turn it on whilst he was on the phone.

Luckily she was astute enough to tell him to piss off, but it only takes a couple of people who are a little bit ignorant in a particular area.
  17. Enough people must to make it worthwhile.

I'm debating doing a response to the next "Dear Friend, I am Russian woman looking for husband etc..." spam that appears. I'll make it so it comes from the author of the next financial scam I get.

I figure they'll probably deserve each other :)
  18. These guys are desperate

Attached Files:

19. fall for what :-s

far out that reminds me i still havent received my inheritance from my long lost african grandfather, i sent the trustee 100k to sort out the legalities but am still waiting for my US$5,000,000. Best I follow up...
  20. My friend got this the other day 'from Microsoft', but they somehow had details from his computers. They knew what errors and viruses he had on his laptop. Me thinks that this will make the call a lot more 'realistic' for people and make it more likely for them to give over information, or to install whatever programs that 'Microsoft' instructs them to.