Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by BoogieMan, May 17, 2005.

1. Well the insurance has finally been cleared and all will be fixed........

Re: https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4592&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

IF I pay the $400 excess!!!!

I called the insurance company and they said that the driver has now turned around and said that I was at fault and that even tho they have made no effort to claim damages for their vechile they will not pay for mine......

My insurance company said that they had been gettign the run around from th driver and the owner of the taxi but once they put in a direct claim against them they flat refused that it was their fault.....

Once they get the written report from the witness they SHOULD be albe to make them cough it up but untill then I cant get my bike repaired because I dont want to (nor can I afford to) pay the excess!!!!!

GRRRRRR F*#%ERS!!!!!!!! :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x
  2. Hey Boogie man,

Sorry to hear this is happening... Man, that sucks... Get the bloody witness to fill out the paper work and make things happen.... If you need any help, let me know.

3. Same thing happened to me a while ago.

Car pulled out in front of me, I swerved but couldn't avoid clipping the front of his car. The driver of the car was clearly shaken & incredibly apologetic, but when it came to claiming he flatly refused to admit fault, saying that I ran into his PARKED car.

My insurance company was great though and saw right through his story & even agreed not to raise my premium, assuming that I was not at fault. It took a while (no witnesses), but we eventually convinced his insurance company that he was talking complete rubbish & I got a full payout. Result.
  4. Some like a good company to be with, which one was it?
  5. Hey,
    Hopefully the witness statement will get you the result you want,
    I gave one to police a while back, and for an insurance claim,
    I witnessed an XR8 reverse out of the pub carpark,
    (middle of the afternoon),
    and into a camry parked accross the street,
    He stalled the Xr8, took 3 goes to restart and take off down the street,
    I got his rego and told the lady when she came out of the shops to see her damaged car. And I backed it up when the police rang me later.
    Worked for her,
    Should work for you.
  6. Ahh, that was back in the uk a few years ago now, before I saw the light and moved out here.

Good companies like that are few and far between. I stayed with them after that though, loyal to the end!
  7. I bet the person who handled your claim got fired for that blatant display of customer service. :)
  8. Cheers Skuffy..... I'll let you know if the lynch mob needs a ring leader :p coz if this dont get resolved then that goign to be the next move after goign to court..... :LOL: :p :LOL:
  9. Buddy, more than happy to be the kill leader...lol
  10. need another member for a rumble squad???
  11. i can swing a mean sack of doorknobs. i can supply my own doorknobs but you need to supply the sack :D

same thing happened to me when a prick ran a red light while i was doing a hook turn. i had to pay the claim $1200 etc but got it back about a month later when they wrote of the car.... fcukers...

12. The More The Merrier :p

Happy to have you onboard :LOL: :twisted: :twisted: