Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Umm, 3 months equals 4 months!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Roscoe, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Well... this is strange.

In Victoria you can go from your L's to your P's in 3 months. On Sept. 03 2006 I passed my L's and have been riding since.

On Friday I called HART to organise my P's... No problem she says, when did you get your L's, Sept. 03 I say. Sorry mate you can't do your P's until Jan. Oh really, no free spots until then? No, you need to allow 3 months between your L's and P's.

Okay...
    Sept 02 - Oct 02.... 1
    Oct 02 - Nov 02.... 2
    Nov 02 - Dec 02.... 3

Am I going mad? Why wont they take my hard earned money? :evil:

2. Maybe give them another call eh!

3. Sounds like someone had a brain fart, just call em back and if you get teh same answer do the maths with them

4. There's more than one person taking H.A.R.T.'s bookings and I bet if you ring back and ask to book it in, you'll get another person who will know the law is 3 months and 1 day from the day your Learner's Permit is obtained.

5. What a great date to get your learners :grin:

6. Vic Slick is correct :grin: On or after Dec 4 you can book in for the test but if they still refuse or give you grief they maybe try another company like Stay Upright or Deca as they are close to where you live.

7. Yeah I'll give it another shot Monday.

Can any Victorians tell me what the actual exam covers? One thing I know I need to do is get out in a car park and do some emergancy breaking.

8. theres a vicroads fact sheet that covers the test. they should send it to you when you book in.
    (Motorcyclist Licence Skill Test). Can't find it on the web.
    Briefly, left and right curves then swerves and quick stops.

9. http://www.ridetek.com.au/licensetesting.htm

This covers what you need to know.

10. Thanks cadbury.

11. Roscoe,

Give them a call.
    When I booked mine, they sent a copy of test out with booking paperwork

No excuse but as it was Friday, was it near beer o clock? :grin:

REV[/url]

12. Thanks... I didn't get a chance to call them today but I will tomorrow. Come to think of it, it was near Beer'o clock :)

13. lol,

can u blame 'em? :wink:

REV