Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

UK story (stolen)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by carri27, Aug 4, 2006.

1. from another website, but thought worth sharing...

I'm not a big fan of the Old Bill at the best of times.. back in February, I was in Bristol for a mate's birthday. We went out on the town things got a little out of hand, 1 drink, 5 drinks, and like every bad night, we ended up in the middle of a sweaty dance floor in a club called (I think) The Lizard Lounge. I picked up a pretty thing who clearly wasn't put off by my Napoleon Dynomite moves and should have known better. A lot better. Anyway, turns out she was into bikes. The next morning, I woke worse for wear in my mate's spare room and sprawled out next to me was the girl from last night, let's call her Sarah. As I made a morning cuppa, just looking at my TL1000s - let alone riding it - made me feel ill, but promises are promises..

We went out for a quick blast and then navigated our way back to hers. I was hoping for a quick exit, but before I could get my lid off, her Dad had arrived on the scene. He was looking around my bike. "Aha, a biker - I thought.. result!"

"Your exhausts are a bit loud, your numberplate is too small and it's filthy too.." were his first words. Ok then.. I made a cheeky comment about the exhausts saving my life as I strapped the spare bike gear onto the pillion seat with a bungee. Not one for being bollocked, I fired up the TL pronto - me and my loud cans and tiny plate made a swift exit.

It wasn't until I got back to my mate's house that I found out Sarah's Dad was a big cheese in the Avon & Somerset Police. Nice of her to tell me.. Lucky escape I thought.. that is, until Monday morning when I left my mates house to head up the M4 home, but I only managed to get to the end of his road before I was pulled over by, you guessed it, the Old Bill.

I was made to produce for illegal cans, a small plate and they tried to get me on a bald rear tyre too. The word I'm looking for right now starts with W and rhymes with Anchor. So, now Mr. Barnest (or Sergeant or whatever it is your called) you'll be glad to know my plate is a bit bigger now - it's still dirty, but nowhere near as dirty as your daughter and I hear she's still handing out the 'producers' to the lads around Bristol every Friday night..

So that's my bit for Police/Biker relations. My work here is done..
  2. :rofl: :rofl:
    That is G.O.L.D.
  3. What is it with coppers daughters?

Only girl that ever asked me to tie her up was a coppers daughter.