Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[UK] Biker survives trip under truck.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by robsalvv, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Biker survives trip under truck

When unlucky meets lucky

Posted: 16 August 2013
    by Visordown News

What was left of the GPz1100

A BIKER is lucky to be alive after falling off his motorcycle into the path of an HGV and escaping with only minor injuries.

Paul Meikle, from Preston, was riding his Kawasaki GPz1100 on the A9 in Scotland when he hit a pothole while entering a layby. Meikle was thrown sideways from his motorcycle into the path of a lorry. The 44-tonne truck drove over Meikle, clipping him but not running him over. He was with a group of friends and his father, all riding motorcycles. His father collapsed at the scene and required another ambulance to take him to hospital.
    Despite going under a lorry, Meikle escaped without a broken bone but spent a week in hospital recovering from the ordeal.

Meikle commented: "My girlfriend won’t let me have another bike, she’s not going through that again – so I promised her I won’t go on a bike now. I’ll miss it – it was my hobby."

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-bizarre/biker-survives-trip-under-truck/23251.html#ixzz2ceDoaetB

2. Geeez - he's easily scared off. His GFFL must be very persuasive.
  3. Lucky Man. As for the girlfriend placate her for now, she can be worked on or replaced. :) The real issue is a pot hole on a layby that is unpatched and large enough to throw a bike into the path of another vehicle.