Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ugly radiator hoses

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by nice2Bnaked, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Anybody have ideas or know of products I can use to replace/cover up my radiator hoses? Im looking for hose sheathes (covers) in stainless/adonised/coloured, or transparent hose (So i can see the bikes green blood... or is it poison?) or a suitable heatproof paint. Its for a 1993 CBR600 streetfighter, so the crazier the better. My hoses really let down the bike appearance.

2. Most auto places sell, or can order in, braided hose sleeving kits like this - they're desinged to do most of the hoses in a car engine bay so should be more than enough to do the bike. Transparent hose is an interesting idea - don't know of anything available that'd handle the temp/pressure though. Trying to paint rubber is a lost cause - very unlikely you'd find anything that'd stick and last for more than a few days.
  3. Check out
    Could not find anywhere to get in aus. Tried emailing with no result. Ive seen the car ones, but only in specific kits. I just want lenghts that i can attach with exhaust clamps. I'd even go for the steel spring over the tubes that comes stock on some rides. Could i mix a heat proof paint with a flexible vinyl paint? I might try and see.....
  4. Doesn't matter what paint you use it's unlikely to last - it might stick in some places but you're bound to get some cracking in corners etc. Another option would be to source up some silicone radiator hose - think colours are fairly limited but I have seen both blue and red available in general purpose lengths.