Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ughboots going for licence this Sunday - I passed!! :-)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Gilligan, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Well, after two months of zipping around on the Spada and going on many NR rides (great for experience and improving my feeble newbie skills) I'll hopefully be saying goodbye to L plates forever this Sunday. :woot: After talking to a few NRs who have done it recently I'm relatively confident, so hopefully I'll have some good news to report on the weekend. Any/all advice welcome :)

2. [IMG:25:19:912632fbf8]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/sgcooke/Smiles/wink.gif[/img:912632fbf8] all the best.
  3. good luck and have fun :D
  4. good luck ughboots !
    balmybrowny's advice is the best, have fun !!!
    the best thing is to just relax and enjoy it.
  5. good luck mate!

Hope you kick arse!
  6. All the best!
    The test isnt hard, just dont stress and u be right.
  7. Good luck Chris
  8. I'm sure the instructors will tell you many times... do not anticipate what the lights will do. just wait for it to happen and react calmly. (if possible)

Good Luck. ugg!
  9. +1

Try to relax and enjoy the experience. I know it is easier said than done, but you can get a lot out of it.

Good Luck :grin:
  10. You'll be right, Ugh. :)
    Just ride your regular ride, and relax...
    Good luck, mate. :grin:
  11. You are ready grasshopper.
    Remember, be the bike.
    The way of the road is your destiny
  12. +1 on not guessing the lights. You can have a relatively long stop, you can only take a small evasive counter-steer. But wait for the lights!

Oh and best wishes for passing and doing the Xmas carol celebration L plate removal song......

"no L, no L,
    no L, no L
  13. No advice, just all the best!
  14. Good luck Chris. I'm sure you'll be fine.
  15. Have fun! Don't put your foot down, they fail you for that! Learnt that one the hard way!
  16. Good luck Chris :) all the best.

17. Hey all, thanks everybody for your best wishes and advice. I'm very happy to report that I passed!! :woot: No more yellow plate of newbie for me :)

Was a beautiful day for it out at Tulla, bit windy on the way home though. For those who care I lost 12 out of 40 points, the instructors reckoned this was a score to be very happy with. Dunno, a pass is a pass to me!!

Man those CB250s feel soooo upright compared to the Spada. Jumped on the Spada to go home and it felt like a sportbike!!

Now how does that Christmas carol go?? No L, No L...... \:D/

Cheers all.
  18. Chris, hearty congratulations, and now for the year of watching your Ps and Qs :grin:
  19. Congrats! So how many bikes have you looked at upgrading to in the past couple of hours? :grin:

Know what you mean about the Spada V CB, I ended up going the test on the Spada.
  20. [IMG:159:32:c371b80e64]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/sgcooke/Smiles/groupwave-1.gif[/img:c371b80e64] congrats. Well guess who will be treating themselves to a decient xmas pressie this year :wink: