Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[U.S] Stunters give Cops headaches

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Chef, May 27, 2008.

1. Full article - http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-05-26-stunters_N.htm

The Yanks are bringing in 'Hoon' laws

Florida this month passed legislation to make it illegal for a motorcyclist to lift a wheel off the ground, called a wheelie, or to place license plates on a hinged frame that violators use to flip their tag out of sight and avoid identification. Florida state Rep. Carlos Lopez-Cantera, R-Miami, pushed for the law in response to complaints about bikes speeding at 136 mph, popping wheelies and hiding tags.

And some might find this interesting...

The Internet is a factor as well. On websites and forums riders post photos and videos of their exploits. Lago says he and other law officers regularly read Los Angeles sportbike websites to gain intelligence on when and where bikers plan get-togethers.
  2. :-k It's not ok to lift the wheel, but it's ok to carry guns... idongeddit? [​IMG]
  3. I think that's because if you do a wheelie it makes it harder to hold your gun straight. Pretty dangerous stuff. :grin:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. hahahaha

i try n keep my whoolies to closed off carparks and private property, hiddin from public, stops us getting a bad name
  5. I like to keep mine low to ground so no-one can see them. :LOL:

Is this you?
  6. certinly is
  7. :cool: Got any footage you care to share?
  8. #8 puris, May 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  9. cool skills; I love the hands off circles :).

Yeah, America is the world's most puritanical country, and the world's headquarters for p0rn, the greatest nation in the world for killing and maiming each other with guns, and the biggest nanny state going. go figure.
  10. #10 Deadsy, May 27, 2008
    So they've made it illegal to do wheelies and hide your plate? Um. Isn't that like... illegal now?

I need to get in touch with the LAPD because I have an idea that may help them in their fight against stunters. A new law making it illegal to run from the police. Oh wait, that's already illegal too.

So when a motorcyclist does 200 on the freeway it's dangerous and potentially deadly. When "troopers" hit 200 in weeknight traffic it's skillful. :LOL:
    All because of a wheelie. Hey, I guess he could have killed someone...

Maybe they should get more aircraft:

"He's going faster than I'm going"

Go gixxer go. :grin:
  11. #11 Chef, May 27, 2008
    Sweet skills Puris, cheers. I didn't think to do a search. How many are there altogether in FUF?

The boy can corner a bit too. :grin:
    I like how the bike was pure white. Now that was a hot run.
  12. And it's exactly the sort of crap shown in that movie that's going to get our bikes speed-limited, GPS-chipped, emasculated and, eventually, banned completely. Do you really think the "authorities" are going to just sit there and let jerk-offs thumb their nose at them? Hardly! They never sleep. They spend their entire life working on legislation to restrict us.

Motorbike riders in Australia are viewed pretty much the same as firearms owners ...
  13. Yep and Nope, but what are you going to do? Worrying about it doesn't seem to help.
  14. Awesome stuff Puris - and some ninja work there by Troy too, I didn't realise he had circles happening!
  15. I wonder if the states that are outlawing wheelies are the same ones that let you ride without a helmet? I wouldn't be surprised.
    Idaho has outlawed eating roadkill, so that's a step in the right direction.
  16. How many are there Lozzo? N*A*M, Troy, Puris, ???
  17. thanks guys, ye im solo. trips to canberra and qld in june and sydney in july so should have some sick clips soon