Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tyres for my FZR250

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Paulstar, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Hey guys,

my head is spinning from reading about tyres online and i dont know whats relevant to me seeing as my bike isnt as powerful as alot of the people who posted RE their own experiences with tyres.

Its a yamaha fzr250 with 17in wheels, its got bridgestone battlax tyres on there for the moment but they will need changing soon and im looking to buy in a few weeks.

I use the bike alot atm for riding to uni and riding to city but i'd liek to do some more fun riding on it than that so i need a tyre that will accomodate this. I dont know how to wheelie i dont do burnouts :p but i want it to corner well.

Can i get 2 tyres fitted for 300? 400?

thanks in advance
  2. i found a tyre selector on the michelin website, its suggesting pilot power or pilot sport. Im sure i read on here that the pilot power is a good tyre to get high k;s out of, is this going to be a good tyre to be learning how to take corners on or should i go for pilot sports?
  3. Pilot Powers are good sticky tyres with good life. they are also very enough for the track. In fact a lot of sports bike run powers.

If you are trying to get a 140 rear, they do not come in that size. however you can run a 150 rear
  4. gpr a 10s cant find a better tyre for that bike . youll have to go up a size for them . powers you will struggle to fit
  5. gpr a-10, for a 140 rear. like csgup1 says, cant find a better tyre

its what ive got, great soft tyre, but wear out very quickly if you're gonna do a lot of commuting
  6. The factory rear tire for the FZR250 is actually 130 size and 100 for the front.

(front); 100/80-17
    (Rear); 130/70-17

Actually I see you have an 89 FZR, if you have a pre-delta box FZR that is the 2KR the rear tire size is

Tire size (Rear); 120/80-17

7. Your right, i can go upto 130 on the rear but no bigger. A UK website says that the GPR A 10S does not come in 130 but i'll give a few rings tomorow to see if i can confirm that.

thanks so far!
  8. im finding alot of 120/70/17 online, do you guys think i;l have problems with a lower profile?