Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tyres for DR650

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by PatB, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Well, the last couple of mornings commuting in the wet have convinced me that my shagged out Bridgestone Trailwings are due for replacement.

As time and money are currently preventing the motard conversion I eventually want to do, I'm stuck with the stock sizes (90/90-21 & 120/90-17). The bike is exclusively used on bitumen, mainly for commuting, so I would prefer road oriented boots. Priority is wet grip, with a side order of commuting durability. Having experienced 20 year old Pneumants on my MZs, I have yet to find another tyre that scares me in the dry so I'll take it as read that dry grip will be OK whatever I choose.

Looking around, the most roadish tyre in the right sizes seems to be the Bridgestone BT-045. Then there's the Michelin Anakee and, ISTR, the Pirelli Scorpion range.

Currently I'm leaning towards the Bridgies but could be persuaded otherwise by folk with more experience of the options. Opinions anyone?