Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tyres for a 250cc

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Phillip, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Hi guys! wanting some advice on tyre selection, yes and l know its been done to death, (and yes search is my friend) but new products have emerged so wanting some up-to-date advice on tyre selection for a 250cc.
    History: Currently riding a Hyosung gt250 comet (naked), weekend riding, mixture of riding on straight roads and twisties, not an agressive rider but i am learning so i'm wanting the confidence in a tyre to be able to be agressive, wanting to get 5000-7000km out of the tyre (will be happy with that), not interested in track days more for weekend fun
    Any advice would be great. . .

2. bridgestone BT45 should do the trick. dual compound, so plenty of kays in the centre, ample grip on the sides for all but the most agressive of 250 riders. perform well in the wet too.
  3. BT45 are good if you want some decent mileage out of the tyre. Dual compound so it won't square off, but still has good grip on the corners.
  4. i'm upgrading to BT090's when my BT045's are toasted
  5. Thanx heaps guys. . .
    Are these tyres still available - what are we talking $$$ . . .

6. $300-350ish I think.

And I get more kms from my tyres than that on my 929. Should easily get 10,000-15,000 kms from an average 250 tyres if not ridden hard.
  7. Roughly how much should a front tyre BT45 for a VTR250 cost?