Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National Tyre wear indicators

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Lionz, Oct 23, 2014.

1. I'm running the BT003 racing tyres and i'm just about down to the wear indicator on the rear. My question is: How far are you prepared to run the tyre on/past that indicator?

Or, to put it another way, will i get another track day out of them?

Anyone with some genuine experience / input would be greatly appreciated, cheers Lionz

2. Depends how your scrutineer is feeling at the track day. With that type of tyre I dont think you have a lot to worry about with the grip levels suddenly falling off the edge of the cliff so to speak. Most scrutineers will just say "your tyres are getting close" or similar. Ive seen tyres that are absolutely torn up half way through the day still heading out for sessions so apparently once you get the ok in the morning the tyre life is at your discretion. I'd be happy to punt around another day on those.
  3. Cheers Darren, that's what i was planning/hoping. The RHS is obviously fine - just didn't want to get knocked back at the track and have to cough up for a new set on the spot.
    Nice one, thanks.