Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tyre & Rim Insurance / Motorcycle Road Service

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by onetonnesam, Jun 29, 2008.

  1. Hello everyone,

    Not sure if this the right place to pose this question, so if it needs to be moved, mods please go ahead. Got my Ls Friday; bought a new bike on Sat. During the process (which was excruciatingly long, and included the business manager trying to flog me additional insurance products on which they earn a trailing commission) they offered a Tyre and Rim Insurance which i knocked back but made me think. Is there a "road service" provided by motoring associations like the NRMA in NSW?
  2. Hello forum mod,
    I made a mistake and posted this twice under two different headings, would you be so kind as to remove this one.
  3. Hi, I am not sure about NRMA, but I know RACV covers limited roadside assistance for bikes ie fuel, air in tyres, towing which is worthwhile having cos if you get stuck at least they can tow you home. Each of the interstate motoring clubs are different, but NRMA may offer the same sort of service. Check them out.