Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tyre replacement yet?

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by chillibutton, Nov 9, 2015.

1. As the title says, I noticed after Black Spur / Reefton run today that my rear tyre is looking a little shabby. Any life left in this you reckon, or are those cracks a bad thing? Haven't seen them up until today. I reckon the tyre has about 8000km on it, it's an Angel GT.

image. image.

2. Waaaaay passed when you should have replaced it! Seriously unsafe.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Angels seem to go like that very quickly. Tyre should have been replaced before your reefton spur run.

4. Meh the edges have plenty left......
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yeah that's what I thought, just hadn't seen it - so interested to hear your comment Leroy - I normally would think I'd pick that up in time!

Right then, tyre buying time. Anyone know who sells Angels at a good price?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. U ever ridden that tyre in the wet? Looks like a death trap to me
  7. Probably a few weeks back, otherwise mostly dry. Funny thing is it feels fine (but don't worry, its getting replaced asap).
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yes I'll give him a shout for sure...
  9. They do indeed - how do I push that across into the middle...?
  10. Stanley knife and superglue?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. If you get the chance to have a feel how thick the centre of the tyre is once removed, do so for entertainment.

When I changed the Diablo Rosso 2's off my monster, the centre felt soft, but after being removed from the bike and getting a good look at it, it felt like just a few millimetres of rubber left. A sharp stone should have punctured it! I was amazed I hadn't had a puncture and it didn't look as bad as your tyre...
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. mr plod says here's your brightly coloured sticker,

time to replace.....note your past the wear limit indicators
  13. Yup. MMMTS coming round to me to replace it tomorrow - phew!
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I didn't see those.

They were worn off....
  15. Reminds me of mine 2 years ago. Noticed it at Halls Gap on way back from Adelaide and still had GOR to get back to Melb. All good :D
    Back to feeling like riding on a knife edge with
    the new tyre.
    I hope that's not what they used on your leg:nailbiting:
  16. GOR no problem. Using the edges with tread more :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Do you reckon the Diablo Rosso's II would be a better tyre than the angels?
  18. Mate just wondering you didn't do a burnout on it at all?