Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tyre recommendation zx7r

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by BeanFlick3r, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Hi all, I recently bought a 1996 zx7r and I don't have long til the tyres need replacing.

I don't intend to start doing any track days until next summer but the bike is my daily commuter plus weekend fun. What brand and type would you recommend? It doesn't need to be the "next best thing" but I'd rather have a brand that is proven to work and not just take the manufacturers word for it.

Suggestions anyone?

2. bridgestone bt023's. sport touring tyres. life seems good and sticky enough for everyday riding. feel secure on my bike. had the bt021's before these and they seemed to last forever. dunlop roadsmarts are good too. (brett at madbiker in ferntreegully sells bridgestones at a good price)

3. I saw their van at Eastland one day, they left a card under my fuel cap... Might have to give them a visit.

I have a set of michelin pilot ps1's on it ATM off the top of my head...

Cheers mate