Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tyre prices?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by jd, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Just booked my bike in for a new set of tyres at one of the local shops and thought I'd check prices online to see if what I was quoted was fair. Unfortunately can't seem to find anywhere selling Bridgestones online so was just wondering if 320 bucks seems reasonable for a 110/70-17 front and 140/70-17 rear BT45 fully fitted?

2. Sounds alright to me. You might get it a bit cheaper somewhere else, but I doubt it would be worth the effort.

Regards, Andrew.

3. Yeah I figure what I might save by getting them in Melbourne I'd probably lose in petrol getting there anyway. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting ripped off.

4. I think I paid $300 for my BT45's when I had may 250. But I shopped around a bit.

As for tyres for the litre bike well $550, i'm wondering if I should go back to a CBR250 :)
    ...Don't think so.

5. I'm guessing tyre life might be a bit lower with the litre bike too LPC? :LOL: I can't really complain I guess, 300 bucks only works out as 1.5c per kilometre :grin:.

6. I used to pay $300 so yeah that price is right.

Enjoy the cheap tyres on 250's, big bikes hurt the wallet more :evil:

7. Oh I wish I could pay 320 for a set of tyres :?

I dont get much change out of 600 these days :shock: :wink:

8. $365 for a pair of Metzeler ME880s fitted for my H-D

9. That's a very good price considering I paid $328 for rear and front Dunlop Arrowmax. And they are only size 16.

10. 110/70-17 BT45 $130
    140/70-17 BT45 $150
    Fitting $ 60
    Total $345
    in Sydney at Lloyd Penn Artarmon.
    Just for the record I had that done at a 48k service and the fitting wasn't itemised but I called him earlier for a quote on tyres. I'm not sure whether that was $60 a tyre or for both for fitting as ProCycles in Hornsby quoted me $50 a tyre for fitting.

32 psi in front and 36 psi in the rear. Couldn't find that info on the Bridgestone site.

11. Hi

Any other sydney siders have more references for tyres? mine will be due in 3- 6 months so im starting to shop around.

Cheers.