Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tyre Pressures

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by VTRSteve, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Hey guys
    This is probably very basic but I just bought a VTR250 and i'm wondering what tyre pressures I should be running. I've been keeping them up at the mid 30's (about 36psi) but i'm not sure if this is the best or not. It's handling well but I haven't experimented much with it yet. Any info on optimal tyre pressures would be terrific!

2. Find out what tyres you've got fitted and go to the tyre manufacturers website.
    There you should be able to find the correct tyre pressures for those particular tyres on your bike.
  3. The vtr manuals specification is 200kPA for the front tyre and 225kPa for the rear tyre. Hope that helps :)
  4. 29psi and 32psi
  5. on the side wall it will say at what PSI to put it, so like 300-320LB at 30-32PSI for my bike, it will depend on your tyres, just check recommendation on the wall of your tyres.
  6. 36 on both probably not the best

id recommend a 30 up front and a 34 at the back but try different ranges and see what they feel like.
  7. Thanks guys. I read the manual but I had no idea how KPA converted to PSI which is what my gauge measures.
  8. or run 10psi in the rear, jump on your pillion pegs and do big wheelies... Second thoughts, probably not too safe. Yes, a VTR can wheelie... What? It soooo can!... Yeah, I know its a 250 Vtwin, so its got plenty of torque... I dont care if you cant wheelie your CBR! No... Fine, whatever... Thats it, Im not your friend anymore, im going to my room.
  9. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Totally useless post, but berloody funny!! I like it!! :grin:
  10. I go a bit funny... Havnt ridden in 18 months, so you try it... Its like cabin fever, but like, No-Ride fever... Everyday I go to the garage, or mates places, see perfectly ride-able bikes, that I can have a squirt on, and I cant touch them... Is there a Rehab centre for riders who've lost their liscence?
    I find myself sitting at hm, watching the GP, dressed in full leathers/boots/gloves/helmet, waiting for the tank/helmet camera footage so I can pretend im riding... OH GOD, SOMEONE PLEASE PUT ME IN A COMA UNTIL SEPTEMBER 8TH! I DONT WANT TO BE AWAKE!