Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

tyre pressures

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by HILLY, Jun 24, 2006.

1. hey there i was wondering if any one could help me as i was wondering what the prop tyre pressures are for the tyres on my cbr250rr ? they are 110-17 and 140-17? thanks heaps

2. jeez

and yer i tryed a search but only found a heap of othere type of bikes and i dont know if there tyres are the same or bigger or not! :?
  3. It depends somewhat one your riding style but generally for the cbr250's tyre pressures should be about 32 psi front and 34 psi rear.
    Lots more info on those bikes available here: http://www.cr-x.org/cbr250/forum/default.asp
  4. Have a look on the side of your bike, where the swingarm is, there should be a sticker which indicates what it is.

It does for my ZXR250.

Usually they're at about 32PSI.
  5. Should be written on the side of the tyre?
  6. seating

thanks but the pressures on the sides of tyres are most likely to be the highest safe seating pressures for when the seat the tyres on to the beed of the rim?
  7. thanks

thanks i will have a look at my bike next time i get to work as thats where it mostly lives but thanks for the pressures it at leasts gives me a ball park figger. :grin:
  8. Be wary if you read the side of the tyre.
    I was pumping my tyres at 42psi, but that was becuase I failed to read that it was the MAX pressure you should put on the tyre.

Just thought I'd share what I've learnt.