Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tyre Pressures

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Swaine, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Tyre Pressures

What is the correct pressure?

The Tyre?
    The pressure mentioned on the chassis?
    The pressure in the manual?

CBR250
    Front Tyre: says ‘Max load 212kg at 36PSI Cold’

Rear Tyre: Max load at 272kg at 36PSI Cold’

Chassis
    Says both Front and Rear, Driver only, to be 29 PSI.

No Handbook:

CBR250RR

Front Tyre: ‘Max load 212kg at 41 PSI coldâ€
    Rear Tyre: “max load 300kg at 41 PSI coldâ€

Chassis: in Japanese

CBR Handbook: 29 psi front and rear, ‘driver only’

So which is the correct one to follow?

2.  Top
  3. The figures on the tyre represent the pressure to use if you're loading them to the maximum weight. Not really relevant to normal riding. The figure on the chassis or in the handbook is the one to use, unless research and an opinion you know you can trust suggests something different for a particular tyre.
    Looks like your book and chassis both agree on 29 psi. Slight variation of pressure front to rear may tune in the handling the way you like it with your particular tyres.

4. Thanks for the info, you are right about the chassis and handbook being the same.

I think between 29 to 31psi you cant go wrong.

5. I had Pilot Powers on my old baby blade and used 32 Front, 36 Rear as per bike shop recommendation and lots of online research...

6. The keyword here is MAX. This is the maximum pressure the tyre will take without running the risk of a blowout etc, it is not the recommended pressure to inflate to.

7. I'm guessing on a CBR250 they're not the original tyres, so the sticker on the bike is irrelevant. Go to the tyre manufacturers website and find your answer there.

8. On My 929

Front 36psi
    Rear 42psi

9. +1

10. :? I've been running 31psi front 31psi rear on my MC22.
    Seems to be fine. No noticeable differences if its slightly less or more.