Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tyre lifespan

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by akin, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Hi guys,

I have a Piaggio Fly 125. It nearly has 10K. Front tyre still looks brand new and back is already bold. Is that normal? How many km do you get from your tyres?

p.s. Any suggestions on back tyre (tubeless 120/70-10â€) and roughly how much to pay?

2. That sounds reasonable. New tyre might be around $110.00 for something from Michelin, Bridgestone, Dunlop. Front tyres wear more in that area between middle and edge, not right in the middle like a rear tyre will. So check the tread depth across the tread and replace when you've hit the little wear indicators.
  3. Thanks a lot, will check the front tyre as well
  4. I have a Piaggio XEvo 250 have just clocked 18,000km. Front tire is still the original should make it to 20,000. The rear is a different story, on my third, getting around 8,000km each tire. The rear is only a 12in, so heats up a bit more & wears quicker. I tried changing the rear to a Michelin Sports Piliot, appeared to handle the same wet & dry but only got 7,000km out of it, so went back to the Pirelli GTS, awesome handling wet & dry.
    I would love to have the XEvo 400, 14in front & rear.
  5. 8000k was around my experience as well on a GT200. Just stayed with the Pirelli was about $90 for tyre and fit.