Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tyre Leaks From The Spokes

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by middo, Nov 24, 2012.

1. OK, I think I know the answer to this one, but would like some confirmation before I go too far.

My virago (250) has a leaking rear tyre. It leaks from out of nearly all of the spokes, and won't hold pressure at all. My guess is that it is tubed, and that the tube has a leak, and the air is finding its way out of through the spokes. If this is correct, how hard is it to replace a tube? I have never done a tube or tyre, I have never had a flat that wasn't terminal, so can I do this at home? I am reasonably good with mechanical stuff but don't really want to stuff it up.

2. tube has a leak.
    Ever changed a bike tyre?
    take it to a tyre place and get tube replaced.
  3. wheels gotta come off - obviously
    then beads gotta be broken - there r backyard options
    tire off - heres the tip , tyres dont stretch so you
    cant go willy nilly trying to lever off cos u will
    damage tyre and rim.
    basically lever one spot and 180 deg - other side
    of wheel the tyre has to squished into the centre
    of rim - lowest point .
    this makes the tire possible to come off rim nicely
    where rim is .

i need ta do s diagram but maybe theres a utube
    or better google answer
  4. Tell ur girlfriend the tube is her bra and she will get it out without breaking the bead, or taking the tyre off the bike probably...How do they do that shoite ??????
  5. You guess corrrectly, if it has spokes its got a tube. Just like doing one on a bicycle only bigger. If you've never done it before get someone to show you or find youtube help. Easy to bugger tube if you don't know what you're doing.