Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tyre Choices (600 Supersport)

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by zak, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Hi everyone,

I am currently due for a new set of tyres, but there is a huge range out there; Bridgestone, Continental, Dunlop, Metzeler, Michelin, Pirelli etc and huge variety of choice within each brand. I noticed a few threads on tyres from people who have liter bikes (thanks by the way, really helpful) but haven't really found anything for 600s.

I have an '05 zx636 and am due for new set of tyres. This is my current combination:
    Front: Bridgestone Battlax BT014 120/70 - Sport
    Rear: Bridgestone Battlax BT020 180/55 - Sport/Touring

I've pretty much been commuting and doing lots of weekend rides in the hills til now so this combination has been good. I will be doing trackdays every second month soon and am now considering a grippier set. Could anyone recommend a well priced combination for both road and track? P.S If you're in Brisbane, let me know where you bought 'em! Thanks in advance..