Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

tyre burnout

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by greenfolder, May 18, 2008.

1. how do you do a tyre burnout?

2. Front brake on alot, revvs up, slowly let out clutch whilst increasing throttle.

But the fact that you have to ask suggests you shouldn't do it :p
  3. mine has a burnout button, i just press it.
  4. :LOL:

but just wondering how you rev it when your hands on the brake.
  5. Due to the line this thread is taking can we have the results on video please :LOL:
  6. My tyres are due for replacement tomorrow.. :-k
  7. But a video from you should be much less entertaining :LOL:
  8. #8 tunelliner, May 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  9. Surely not! From all your post phiz, I'd have thought you'd get at least another 100000km's from your rear. :LOL:
  10. :shock: :LOL:

Good ol squids, hours of entertainment. Love the comment the camera man had though "Shit, that really didn't happen, did it". Gee, I dunno, it's on youtube, it must be true
  11. #12 TreeFiddy, May 18, 2008
  12. Doing burnouts on gravel is easy. didn't mean to do it twice before, but I did. Not sure how I did it though.

Why would you want to do burnouts???
  13. its easy basicallt like wat phizog said all you do i find a nice smooth patch of bitchumen then pulled in your front brake stand up and lean over the fron tyre then give it a lot of revs and let out the clutch but depending on ya bike u may not be able to do it and also if u look on you tube you may find summing but dont do it untilll u ready
  14. the wording of the question has me worried, let alone thinking about the guy actually doing a burnout, a tyre burnout WTF???
  15. If you cant turn the throttle and hold the brake, wait till you can before you try and do a burnout.

Its pretty simple to do a burnout ... and its REALLY simple to do one and look like a tool. Practice by yourself infront of a mirror for a while :p

I cant wait for the "how do I do a Tyre Lift wheelie" thread. :D
  16. #17 TheYak, May 20, 2008
  17. I would have tried to drag it out of the fuel by the back wheel. Dunno if that would help tho.
  18. doubt it, as there was still fuel exiting the tank, so the fire would have followed.
  19. Keep dragging? :p