Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Two Wheel Recyclers - SA

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by jpdeyoung, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Hey all,

I'm looking to buy my first bike and I've come across quite a few used bikes being sold at Two Wheels Recyclers through Trading Post. Has anyone bought a bike from them or had any experience dealing with them? Tryin to get a bit of feedback before I make the hour drive down there on my day off :)
  2. Steer clear mate
    i have heard nothing but bad things about the junk they sell there!
    one guy told me a story about throttle cables jamming on test rides!
    i have looked around there before aswell, overpriced junk. He wanted what they were selling them for on bikesales (for a nice clean one) and the fairings were smashed
  3. Hey there,

I would be very cautious about buying any motorcycle from this business. Bear in mind that most of the bikes are sold "as is" and that the vast majority of the bikes are kept in unsheltered conditions.

Make sure you take someone knowledgable in bike mechanics with you. Having said all that, if you are handy with a toolbox or are looking at a restoration project then you could pick up a good deal.

A mate of mine bought a wrecked Suzuki GT 550 two stroke from Two Wheel Recyclers and has since restored it into a beautiful, nostalgic cafe racer.

If you're looking for a first road bike and aren't too mechanically inclined, I would recommend looking for a private deal on the bike of your choice.

"I feel the need.... the need for speed!"
  4. Well I'm not the most mechanically inclined person, at least when it comes to motorcycles, but that being said, I have every intention of changing that :)

I went back and had a look at the pics of the bikes I was looking at and you're right, you can see rusty areas and it's pretty clear they're not kept in a nice cozy garage at night