Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Two Thumbs up for Third Gear Customer Service

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Takamii, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Two thumbs up for www.thirdgear.com.au

Bought a blue tooth headset from them 2 months ago

It decided to stop recharging yesterday

Sent them an email (on sunday) had a response within an hour advising me to send it back to them and they would send a replacement unit

Its a good unit by the way for $90 - it claims to work up to 120 kms p/h

I know it works at more than that

when riding and listening to music from my htc legend android it will stream music to the unit - but at the same time it will stream the navigation as well

what happens it as the navigation speaks instructions it interrupts the music to tell me to turn left 300 meters down the road etc etc then it goes back to the music

I am stoked with it
  2. #2 Fybre, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    How do you find the volume? I tried one of the eBay ones and could barely hear it above 60, or the distortion was terrible.
  3. #3 Takamii, Jan 23, 2012
    I have no problem if anything its too loud, some times I cant hear a thing after removing my helmet after an hour - its a bit tinny though as the speakers dont have the greatest level of bass performance - but Im not a doof doof type music aficionado anyway

for $90 I am happy

the music for me is a "background" in my helmet rather than to drown everything out

Third gear is I assume someone like myself working from home etc - keeps costs down and provides good customer service, so I like and prefer to do business with the little guy so to speak where I can.
  4. Yeah, I've bought some gear from them before.

is it this one?
  5. difference in helmets make the noise quality/difference?
  6. good point - it may be so
  7. Yeah, it could be my helmet.
    I am waiting for somewhere in Sydney to try on one of Tak's helmets (I find some brands I am L, some XL, and some just feel horrible... go figure).
  8. That will happen in about 2 weeks have the person and place organised
  9. Fantastic! I assume you will announce on here? I'll be there.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Placed my first order with Third Gear over the weekend for a bike cover. So far, am impressed with their communication system and speed of dispatch.
  11. i can only get one thumb up tell me what am i doing wrong?
  12. #13 Fybre, Jan 23, 2012
    I hear nasal therapy is doing wonders these days
    • Like Like x 1
  13. are you saying im impudent?
  14. No, no. Not at all. Just you have issues with elections.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. my wife says im impudent or some such