Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Two Pack Paint

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by col805, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Hi can anyone advise me on how 2 pack should be used i.e mixtures.
    Also can anyone advise as well Acrylic mixture rates ,Iam looking at respraying my bike again I don,t think the mixture rates with the Acrylic first time where right .Came out not bad but a bit dull does not really shine up to a good gloss.

2. http://www.ziongardens.com.au/DIYrespray.html

2pack solid/clearcoat is generaly 2 parts paint 1 part hardener 10-20% thinner
    Acrylic and 2k basecoat is 50/50 thinner and color

u only get good gloss from acrylic be sanding and polishing it well after u painted.
  3. 2 pack

Thank You zbike for the info

cheers :wink:
  4. Don't you need a breathing apperatus for 2 pack?

I remember being told once that the paint contained carcynogens. That was a long time ago, so things may have changed.
  5. exhust fumes have carcinogens yet we suck them up everyday, 2pack makes u stupid and gives u lung cancer its nasty shit.

but serously the cheapest 2pack grade mask is about $100, everyone in the industry uses fresh air supply, body suit gloves full face mask ect.

Dont bother with clear coats if sprayin at home just use solid colours.
    Also let me know if ya need a booth to spray in
  6. You do need an absolutely dust free environment for 2-pack.
  7. 2 Pack

Thanks Guy's it looks like I go back to Acrylic seems it was good enough for all our previous Cars & Bikes over the years .
    Not really keen on 2 pack just toyed with the idea
    ZBIKE thanks heaps for offering the spray booth a friend of my wife's is an retired spray painter said he will do it for me ,I just get the job of Masking and removing parts and the final polishing & buffing.
    Thanks Again