Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Two Ferries and a Pie.

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by FUTURE, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Ah, my old family church, I see.

Nice pics, and it sure was a nice day for a ride!
  2. Future! I tried to reply elsewhere to this but my comp is going realllly slow and I couldn't get a reply in, in time.

Anyway - just wanted to say that this is a fantastic, beautiful write up and it sounds lke you have had an absolutely awesome day. How old is Lilly? I've a while to go till I can pillion the girls, and I've been a bit iffy about it anyway, but after reading yours I can't wait to get out there and share the experience with them.
  3. Lilly is 12. She came home from the hospital when she was born in our sidecar. :grin:

All three of the woman here are pillions. Wife has a car but they all love the bike.

When the time comes do some rides with a pillion who is older and is a rider. That will get your confidence and skill up first. Two up is a different kettle of fish than solo. Braking distances etc are far bigger due to the extra weight of two on the bike.
  4. The weather was top notch. :grin: Bit hot in places though.