Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

twisties heatmap

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by Masakali, Jun 13, 2013.

1. So, i have only got a few days left on my LAMS, so decided to take all my twisty rides i have done all year and put it in a heatmap.

After every ride, i save my route on googlemaps, so all i had to do was import it into google earth and tada!

not bad for one year and 20,000+ of learner km's me thinks.

34ojdHc.

AMwFBOn.

• Like Like x 4
  2. impressive

3. You have done well Grasshopper.
    But it's nice to know I still have a few little secrets ;)

4. Nice to see the up and coming motorcycle loonies know how to ride. Nothing worse than fair weather riders that let their bikes rot in the shed. This mappy thing is pretty trick as well. +20000 km is a good yearly mileage for a beginner. ;)

When your full blown mad, your mileage will get higher. I'm about to tick over 25 000km since February this year

5. That's quite some dedication - not just to the riding, but the GPS map logging of every ride! Has also made me realise, I'm up to 18,200 km in 10 months so I should be on track for 20k in a my first year too :D.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I recognise some of those roads.....nice playground eh?

Keep it up mate :D
    Well done.

7. How do you log your routes ? Is it GPS coordinates ?
    Or typing in the exact route ?

Interested

8. What can I say, well done!

9. Haha, I plan on uncovering them all!

Have just upgraded my HEMA maps to the Vicroads RACV one, which shows all the local country roads and whether they are paved or not :), good for exploring!

I just jump on to googlemaps at the end of every trip, and put in my start and end locations, and drag the blue line to match my route, then save it. Its only takes 1min, but i like to know to where I have gone that day.

I have a trekking GPS that I used once to log a ride, even though it logged speed, alt etc, I found it too much effort vs this way.

10. Hello, This is VICPOL, thanks for the headsup.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Not like they didn't know anyway.