Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Twist and shout (bike went down)

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Muzbot, Apr 16, 2006.

1. On my recent ride around the Snowies I pulled over to the side of the road to stop and admire the view and the bike slid from under me and went ploughing into a mud bank (my first experience with a wet icy road - lesson learnt). The bike was fine just a bit muddy, however I seem to have twisted the forks slightly to the right. They don't seem bent as the axel is fine. I was wondering if I losened the triple clamps if I could twist them back into place? Any advice would be apreciated.

2. With help, the forks will tend to go back to their correct position. So, without loosening the tripleclamps, just put the front wheel up against a post and push the handlebars in the correct direction.

3. Thats the easiest way when we straightened the forks on my brothers vtr was to just clamp the front wheel and pulled pushed it back into line and its fine now and that was 4 months ago

4. thanks - gave it a go and it has made a huge differance.

5. See the mighty power of Netrider :LOL: