Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Twingirl has landed...in Tassie!!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Twingirl, May 22, 2006.

1. Well peeps, I am off to live in the warm climate of Tasmania! :shock:

I have accepted a position with the University of Tasmania for the next 3 years ( initially ).

I will be based in Hobart, working at the Sandy Bay campus. :) The view from my office is amazing!! :cool:

I don't know anyone in Tasmania yet, so I am hoping I can meet some of my fellow netriders, and make some new friends...who can also take me riding on their favourite roads.. :twisted:
    I must admit, when the job was first offered, I thought, no way....then I realised I would be living in the motorcycling mecca of Australia! :grin:

I know this sounds sentimental, and pathetic, but I am really going to miss all of you whom I have meet and formed friendships with... :cry:
    You have all been great fun, dirty, touchy feely..and downright insulting at times... :p but I will miss you all...
    Of course the good thing is all of you will now have free accom when in Hobart..you just have to like my rottweiler!! :LOL:
    I will wander back out of the wilderness into civilisation whenever I can....( aka..come back to Melb. ).and see all you ferals at the various coffee..or even riding gatherings!!

Most importantly, I will be having Farewell Drinks This Sat May 27th 8pm at: The Rochester Castle Hotel, 202 Johnson St. Fitzroy
    Hope to see some of you there!
    Fleur :grin: :grin:
  2. Cool,

I went to uni there 1995-99 and shared an office during my Honours year on the bottom end of the Campus. Nice area, Sandy bay is just lovely.

The parking inspectors are pr*cks there tho, so watch out for 'em.

3. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :cry: :cry: :cry: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :furious:

Have fun, take care, might see you in December ;)
  4. Sandy Bay? Isn't that the groovy area?
  5. I am jealous because of the roads but not so much beacause of the weather...congrats on the new position Fleur
  6. Twingirl is moving to Tasmania....

:cool: Yes...and expensive...so I'll just be working there and living elsewhere! :LOL:
  7. Twingirl is moving to Tasmania

Thanks Keith.. :grin: And thanks for the offer of looking after my bike whilst I find somewhere to live.... :shock: perhaps not :LOL: :p
  8. biatch! :grin: There's magnificent roads over there to ride on every day. Head towards Richmond just outta Hobart ( approx 15mins) theres wicked twisty section through there on the way. I'll be one to come visit while your there :biker:

Take care chick
  9. A promotion is a promotion, and it sounds like it offers the best of all possible worlds (with the exception of the antarctic weather)

Congrats, and, of course, I trust you made sure that the Uni computer can log into Netrider during the day??? :grin:
  10. Re: Twingirl is moving to Tasmania

shhh...dont tell anyone but I'm putting a Honda Harem together...I've got 2 in the garage at ther moment but we are always on the lookout for new talent :grin:
  11. Hey Little Sis whats this about you letting on that that bright and shiny SP2 is going to be left in the wilds of the west with out you to smoother all that love and attention on it.

I am shocked i thought i had the dibs of a gentle warming up and a putter around the block

Oh and I promise no big handfuls to upset that fuel injection

Big Bro
  12. SCHMOOPY !!!

Gonna miss you girlie :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Good luck with it all, I know you'll do exceedingly well. Hopefully see you soon enough,

13. Congratulations Fleur and good luck. :)

Those roads down there are evil :twisted: so make sure you have plenty of stories about them when you come and visit Australia. :wink: :LOL:
  14. Congrads on the job Fleur - glad I got to meet Zena on the weekend - no worries now in coming to visit :grin: - she will remember me ..... won't she? :shock:
  15. Congrats on the job Fleur. Sorry to see you go though!!

Hopefully I'll see you Saturday night for a couple of drinks :grin:
  16. Thanks Paul.. :grin: It is a great promotion...I forgot to check about the net access.. :shock: I'm sure it will be fine.. :grin:
  17. Thanks distant relative.. :LOL: You'd beter visit..coz you'll know the great roads to ride.. :grin:
  18. :roll: As if I'd let my brother near my new bike... :LOL:
    As for love and attention..obviously you haven't see it lately...I keep getting caught in the rain..it's feral at the moment!! :LOL: :LOL:
    In fact...if I had of washed it..perhaps I would have got more hp on the dyno.. :shock: :LOL: :LOL:
  19. :LOL: :LOL: Thanks Schmoopy...I'll have to play some trivia for us in tassie.. :grin:
  20. Thanks BB and AG...Xena will be fine with you now..hope to see you both at my party this Sat..:)