Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

TV Tuner Cards

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by vic, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Folks,

I've got no idea when it comes to the above.

Am I able to plug in a digital video card and then send the output to a secondary monitor?

i.e If I buy a second LCD monitor, in control panel am I able to specify on panel 1 windows xp, on panel 2 show the results of the tuner card??

Coz that would be pretty speshool if If I was able to do that ;)
  2. Yes
    In Display properties tick extend the desktop to this monitor & drag the window you wish to view off the screen to the right & it will appear on the 2nd monitor.
  3. sweet.

I have this video card http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=812&l1=2&l2=8&l3=241
    so it appears that there is a doovie in the box that will allow me to use a second monitor.

Off to go find box :)

Box found, doovie found. Thats pretty exciting stuff :grin:

Now all I need to know is which TV tuner card to get.

Was thinking of this one
    this one

Not sure of the former can record stuff off an analog input. Whilst not essential, it would be nice, I have a few old VHS tapes I wouldn't mind converting to DVD.
  4. I have an older Nova-T from Hauppauge, and apart from pretty spartan software, it's great. It must be close to 4 years old now, still going strong (even does HD with the software update...not that anybody broadcasts much HD). Old crappy PC with DVI out and the Hauppauge + HDMI input on budget 42" Plasma = Happy Yak when the MotoGP's on! :grin:
  5. How about this- can you open a new window on the monitor with the TV in it?
    Obviously it needs a coax aerial connected too?

Regards, Andrew.
  6. Recomend the Hauppauge.
  7. Which ever you end up choosing be sure to check for the best price on

It should give you the cheapst price from any where in australia.

Or check out the shop www.itestate.com.au if your in sydeny, good prices.
  8. yeah staticice is a good site. Also check out www.msy.com.au Most of their prices are in pdf format which staticice pick up. They're very cheap, but don't have the biggest range of stock.
  9. I run An external Monitor off my laptop set up as extended desktop

10. Steve ya nerd, a blackjack and a jasjam! :LOL: :LOL:

Oh cute kid, who's the chimp holding him. :p :p :p
  11. MSY were the leaders in cheap prices for ages now it's spread between ITestate and centrecom with MSY I think from memory. Best is to use staticice of course to see who is cheapest with whatever product(s) you want at the time or just lose the stress and go to a normal shop, get all you want without 1/2 hour lineups etc :)
  12. Vic,

I've recently had a customer who's had trouble getting his Hauppage to run correctly under Vista, but otherwise heard they are good, but dont know if your planning on running vista.