Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[tut] 100% fog proof lense

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Fa1c0n, Feb 12, 2012.

1. TUTORIAL - 100% Fog Proof.

USES: Prevent any lense fogging up. Including Helmet visors and sunglasses.

LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: Very Easy 1/10

DESCRIPTION: How to prevent your visor or sunnys (or anything) from fogging up. This tutorial is BETTER than any product currently on the market.

REQUIREMENTS:
    - High Concentrate Dishwashing Liquid (eg: Not homebrand, something nice and strong)
    - two tissues, or two sections of toilet paper
    - Girlfriends Hair Dryer or somthing that blows hot air (eg: a heater)
    - Lense of some kind (eg: visor or sunnys)

STEP 1:
    Put a drop of your dishwashing liquid on each lense.

STEP 2:
    Buff Your lense with one of your tissues. Make sure to cover the whole lense. If you are doing a visor for a helmet it is better to take the visor of the helmet.

STEP 3:
    Heat the lense with the hair dryer or heater. Make sure that you do not hold it too close because you dont want to melt or warp the plastic! With a full strength and heat hair dryer it will take about 30 seconds to 60 seconds. Make sure the dishwashing liquid has dried compleatly.

STEP 4:
    Buff the lense off compleatly with the second dry tissue you have. Try to buff it enough that you can see through the lense clearly. DO NOT USE ANY LIQUID.

Thats it!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Let me know if this is any good. If it is, ill do some more tutorials.

3. Its an old trick ;). Good to have it posted in a nice picture filled method though, always helps.
    Lasts a few days usually, unless you have to clean them again in the meantime :p.

Also a handy trick for goggles underwater, but if any water seeps in, can be real painful :(.

4. Ouch with the goggles!

As for how long it lasts... For me it last like 1 to 2 weeks

5. LENS no e

6. Cheers

7. nasa use it on the space suits

8. Works well on visors as well.

9. Works like a charm on glass drinking glasses

10. i used to use some shaving gel on my glasses as well...works the same way.

but, now i wear contacts :)

11. how does it work with the contacts? 8-[

12. lol the contacts don't fog up :) your blinking eye lid is enough to clean them

or maybe.....just maybe...my contacts solution has the same effect of the shaving gel or the dishwashing liquid :p

13. OUCH! Why not just do the ol Spit Polish trick on Goggles?

Your in water or a Pool: Even the National Swim Team does this... it might SOUND ikky: but, yeah, you wash off with water, anyways, and it sure is a LOT less painful then dealing with any sort of Chemical near your eyes!

I'm not to keen on trying on my Visor, though, I sure am interested to see if it would woork... and why it does so

14. It does work for the same reasons as the glasses and goggles.

15. I know the thread is nearly a month old but I remember back in the 80's we used to do that to our welding lenses in a cold workshop,,I'd forgotten about the prosses

16. tissues or paper towel will scratch your visor

17. Microfibre cloth doesn't though

18. I tried this a while ago.. and my visor still fogged up ....

19. I remember a certain Netrider trying this and apparently not wiping off enough residue. things worked well until it started to rain and her visor started sudsing

• Like Like x 1
  20. yes, then can blow bubbles when crack it open at the lights