Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

tucking pants/trousers into boots, or over boots ?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by rabbit, Sep 14, 2007.

1. I would have thought that pants over boots may lead to the pants getting caught on something....... ?

Especially the draggin cargos, which are pretty wide and loose.

(not made for skinny legs - going to try some jeans tomorrow instead)

2. I put my draggins over my boots so they aren't as noticable, look sorta like regular leather shoes/boots. As of yet they haven't gotten caught on anything
  3. Tucking in

Stop the legs flapping about / catching on stuff.

No good for wet weather - your boots fill up with H2O.
    May be mistaken for Puss In Boots.
    People can see how skinny your legs are!

4. ^^^
    con - may lead to you tucking your pants into your shoes all the time and possibley even tucking your shirt into your jocks
  5. con:

may lead to riding a horse.
  6. I tuck when it's dry, cover when it's wet. I didn't pay all that money for Sidi's just to hide them! :grin:
  7. When wearing my leathers tuck in when wearing draggin cargoes then over the top.
  8. Over the top normally - thin draggins don't catch
    tucked in when wet with the wet weather pants over the top not tucked in.
  9. All you do it cut the logo out of the side of the jean/cargo......then you get the poser look at my my brand name gear coolness + the straight off the bike walk into a pub coolness :LOL: :wink:
  10. Heeeey, never thought of that. Cheers! :wink:

*Heads off to find scissors*
  11. Tuck 'em in!

12. :shock: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  13. Geez, I thought Mum had gotten rid of that pic of our family! :p
  14. :shock:

Where can I get one of those suits (in purple!)

15. LOL

Always out - my Ixon pants have velcro that are used to strap around your ankles so they don't get in the way.
  16. The blokes at work make Star Wars noises when I tuck mine in...
  17. For a start, I never have to worry about putting my pants in or out of my boots. Two simple reasons, and I highly recommend everybody try this;

1. Wear shorts; and
    2. Wear runners or thongs.

That way, no need to worry about anyhting getting caught where it shouldn't.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

PS: I never subscribe to squidding.
  18. ^^^ Spring leads to summer...and warmer weather always leads to 10 million (give or take) squid threads. :LOL:

Here we go. :popcorn:
  19. Always outside and in 18 years have NEVER caught a trouser leg on anything, in spite of owning some very spiky machinery. Mind you, I've never worn flares in spite of my advanced age :grin: .

On the same general lines, I've seen threads here on the dangers of lace-up boots. Same comment applies, with the qualifier that I'm very concientious about tying the laces tightly and tidily.