Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tubeless spoked wheels?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by greenguzzi, May 20, 2006.

1. What bikes (old and new) have tubeless spoked wheels?

I know BMW and Guzzi have them. But do any others?

I want to replace the 18" tubed wheels on my old Guzzi 850T, but I want to keep the classic look that the spoked wheels give them. So I'm looking for spoked tubeless rims to wire onto the original hubs.

Just wondering what my options are (if any).

Any ideas?
  2. Hi Steve and family!

A couple of the new "retro" Triumphs have old-style spoked wheels; whether they carry tubeless tyres or not, might be another matter, however.
  3. Hi Paul,

How have you been?

Triumph - good idea. I checked their website and it doesn't say. I'll have to visit Peter Stevens and ask. I love the look of the Thruxton - I'm worried if I go and ask about one I'll end up buying it! :grin:

4. just buy one of those kits that converts tube rims into tubeless. i don't know where to get one though sorry. maybe try supermotard outfitters? :)
  5. I've just bought an Aprilia Caponord (many thanks to Jaqhama for his assitance and actually finding the bike for me)

It has tubeless spoked wheels. A perfect design for looks and also for a bit of offroading.

The manufacturer is Behr and here's a pic of the wheels and one of the latest addition to the family.

6. triumph cruisers have them
  7. JSR Imports sell them for SuperMoto - they have a small plastic "contact lens" so the spoke nipples can be turned and a kevlar/carbon tape to complete the seal in the well of the rim - not cheap, but an answer to your question.
    They are based in Melbourne.