Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tube next to battery on CBR250

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by hyper24, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Im guessing the tube next to the battery under the seat of a CBR is for the coolant? Want to double check before I pour anything down it.

Is water good enough or should I chuck in that ready mixed stuff, also how do I drain it? thanks.

2. No Mate.

The tube is for outlet if the battery is overcharging or expelling gas due to the charging or other activities. Do not block it.

To add water (Do not add tap water, it contains chlorine which is a alkaline and kills acid) use distilled water only, open the plastic screws or plugs in the top.

I use a hydrometer to put the water in, less mess. However if you can pour it, go but make sure the top of the battery is clean first.

Leave the tops loose while charging as well.

Wash the battery after charging to make sure no acid is on outside as it will damage paint, jeans etc.

3. Sorry, my mistake, should of made it clearer.

The question has NOTHING to do with the battery, I want to know how to drain and top up my coolant.

There is a tube with a screw plug on the top under the seat, I thought this was for the coolant?

4. Yes, there is a coolant overflow container under the seat with two lines on it, fill it up to the upper line and make sure the bike is standing completly upright when you do it.

I'm not sure how to drain it because i've never done it :)