Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tubby's '99 CBR250RR Fireblade

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Tubby, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Hi Everyone, well a few of you would have already seen me posting around the place, but now I have my bike, it's time to officially introduce myself and say hi.....

Hi!!!!!

Anyways, my name is Aaron, but feel free to call me Tubby or Azza or Azz.. I am 31 (32 next Feb) and normally drive around in a 2004 Corolla Sportivo but have just recently decided to start riding a bike, to save $$$ and for some fun to work.

I bought my 99 CBR250RR Fireblade from a friend from work. This is one of the Aussie versions. SHe bought in new in early 2000 and it only has around 13000k's on it and is in awesome condition. It has been put down once when she first got it, and replaced the right fairing at the time, but other than a scratch on the side of the engine cover, there is no other damage from it.

Anyway, I like the bike, wasn't my first choice of colour, but it's not too bad. I bought myself a Dri-Rider Freeway jacket from Team-Moto for a bargain, then picked up an OK deal on a Shoei TZ-R Ryu and a pair of Dri-Rider Apex gloves.

All in all, I am pretty happy with it...

Enjoy the pics...
    Aaron
    CBR250RR1.

CBR250RR2.

CBR250RR3.

2. oohhh a real one ;)

Memories ;)

3. Another Azza with a Fireblade :shock:? Freaky!!!

Nice looking bike, Tubby :).

4. Hey there Tubby,nice looking CBR, hope you have fun and stay safe out there!! :cool:

5. how much did you get it for if you dont mind me asking

6. Congrats Mate!

They are a great little racer if tinkered up right.

Finished one of these as a project bike myself!

09062007186a.

7. thanks guys....

I have been really happy with it so far....not too interested in tinkering with it just yet.. (the mrs will kill me if I do)

Got it for a song.....just a tad under $5k.... the previous owner owned it since new and just wanted to move it on to a good home so she could get a bigger bike for herself. (and I work with her)

8. nice ride...

welcome to the maddness

where you from?

9. Welcome to NR.. Enjoy the craziness. :LOL:

10. THanks mate....im in Brisbane

11. we'll you'd better take part in the welcoming of the Crazy Victoians when we get up there

see you in two weeks