Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

TTR250 Lowering?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by TonyD007, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Gday Fellas, Iam new here and was just after a bit of non bias advice. Not sure Iam asking this in the right area but here goes.

I have a 2002 TTR250 which I use for Trails and Enduros. Being a bit shorter than most other rides I struggle to get good lean because the bike is so high. Whats the best process to lower this bike to a better level for my area of riding?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thankyou, Anthony.
  2. HI Anthony,
    The best way i have heard off is to use a Kouba Link
    There will be soem local stuff available, Check Ballards Catalog, on line is good, but they are often attached to mags, lot of TTR stuff there
    cheers Al
  3. Well thats what I was going to suggest I had a tr but no need to lower it I bought my ex girlfriend an xr250 and lowered it using a ballards link which worked well though it left the front a little high for ideal handleing may have to look at spaces or something in the front suspension as well to lower it not sure but it would make the ttr handle well I miss that bike
  4. How tall are you?? i'm not exactly tall and i found the TTR no probs for height