Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

TTR230 Trail bike - modify to road registered??

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by petrult, Jul 26, 2008.

1. This might be a really dumb question, but maybe not - so I'll ask it any way. I don't know a lot about bikes as you will tell - I have just purchased a 2005 TTR230 trail bike (without the lights etc). Can anyone tell me if it can be modified to a road registered model as the new 2007 models are?
    Is it just a matter of changing over and putting lights etc on or is it more complicated including not being able to register it with the transport department? As I said I really have no idea, but just thinking over things.

Thanks for your help
  2. unless its got a compliance plate youve got no chance
  3. hey i have a ttr230 but i brought it new with ADR road rego- so i dont see why not- when i got it the shop also gave me the off road trail gear for it. so dont see why not.
  4. Yeah mate, unfortunately for you, I think the first response, would be more realistic, they would look at it from the perspective of "Its just a motocross bike, with lights." You wouldn't have a hope in hell, and even if you did the cost of installing lights etc could be uneconomical (Do the "fun" bikes (tt-r) have eccy start?), and also getting it complianced would take a miracle worker, because not only the reasons aforementioned it is quite costly, unless you can get a business to do it for you.
  5. Thanks for your replies, it was worth a try anyway. I guess my next bike will be road registered, good to learn off road anyway - don't want to get on the bitumen just yet anyway...
  6. Spend the money you wanted to use geting the 230 road legal and trade in for a bigger bike with a compliance plate instead :)