Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tsonga V Nadal

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Blue14, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Just finished watching the tennis....

Anybody else watch the game.. Man was the frenchman impressive..

He will be hard to beat if he plays like that in the final..

He totally destroyed Nadal... :twisted:

Still though my money is on the great man Federer.. :wink:
  2. I think most people know the result there; more people will be watching the glamour battle in the lady's final, I think.
  3. Don't know if I'd be puttin' the house on Roger, he doesn't seem to have the edge he's had in previous years. Reckon he gradually declined since giving Rochy the ass last year.

Novak on the other hand has been steadily improving. Fed' will be going well to get to the final, and even if he does Tsonga will make him work for the title.
  4. Yes, though its a petty i cant stand the grunt queen.. :evil:
  5. Go the French!

can't believe i just said that.
  6. LOVED the line from the Simpson's Episode last night, Lisa is Joan of Arc, telling the King of France that she has been chosen to lead the French Armies to victory. The King replies, "Victory? We don't even have a word in French for that!!"
  7. WOW how impressive was that guy? Cool, calm, collected and calculating. And how hard does he hit the ball? No doubt if he plays like that in the final he will win, no matter who it is. No question.
  8. Yeah, but it's worth watching, just hit the mute button! ;) Of course I mean because they are both playing at the top of their respective games at the moment, which they most certainly are.

Unfortunately I'll be away camping, but even my wife has been giving me tennis updates saying "Your girl won after losing the first set 6-0". Mind you, Ivanovic v Hantuchova was perhaps even more of a glamour match than Ivanovic v Sharapova (in my opinion anyway), but beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder. :beer:

Butz. :beer:
  9. Ha ha ha, reminds me of that line "as long as the list of French victories (or long as the list of Italian war heroes)!"
  10. Well, I'm off to centrebet.............. :grin:

Tsonga v Djokavic

My monies on Novak.
  11. Tsonga looks like Cassius Clay !
  12. Yes thats what the media has been saying as well... :grin: