Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Try this in a Muslim country

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Azz, Jun 9, 2006.

1. EDIT: just for the record this is in the "jokes" section, and it's not my opinion but its a cut and paste from an email I received... :shock: talk about a can of worms :LOL:
    *moved to off topic - es*

Enter Pakistan, Afghanistan or Iraq illegally. Never mind immigration quotas, visas, international law, or any of that nonsense.
    Once there, demand that the local government provide free medical care for you and your entire family. Demand bilingual nurses and doctors.
    Demand free bilingual local government forms, bulletins, etc. Procreate abundantly.
    Deflect any criticism of this allegedly irresponsible reproductive behaviour with, "It is a cultural thing; you wouldn't understand mate."
    Keep your Australian identity strong. Fly your national flag from your rooftop, or proudly display it in your front window or on your car bumper. Speak only English at home and in public and insist that your children do likewise.
    Demand classes on English and Australian culture in the Muslim school system.
    Demand a local Country driver license. This will afford other legal rights and will go far to legitimise your unauthorised, illegal, presence in Pakistan, Afghanistan or Iraq.
    Drive around with no liability insurance and ignore local traffic laws.
    Insist that local Country, law enforcement teach English to all its officers.

Good luck! You'll soon be dead.
    Because it will never happens in Pakistan, Afghanistan or Iraq or any other country in the world except right here in Australia.
    For we are run by soft, politically correct politicians, that are too scared to "offend" anyone.

If you agree, pass it on. If you don't, go ahead and try the above in Pakistan, Afghanistan or Iraq... :wink:

2. so basically the moral is; we should become more like Afganistan or Iran
  3. ohhhh...... dirka dirka.... :LOL: :LOL:
  4. no bloody way i'm going to any of those countries and doing that unless someone gives me a big gun and a big aeroplane to bomb all the people that will try to kill me :shock:
  5. Well, now. Let's see, last time I looked (and I was there) there are something like 4 MILLION Afghan refugees living in Pakistan, and a similar number in Iran. Neither of these countries are overflowing with cash, but nevertheless their governments and people have undertaken to provide the necessities of life for these people, who are desperately trying to escape the depredations of a bunch of bloodthirsty warlords.
    The refugee camps are not glamorous, but the government and local people are helping to set up agriculture, cottage industries etc. so that they can look after themselves (something they are more than willing to do, BTW).
    Australia prefers to ship them into offshore internment camps.
    Most of the refugees would ideally like to return to their homes one day. They are surprisingly educated in many cases, but their love of their homelnd is quite strong. They do, however have little ones that need to be brought up in some degree of security, so they tend to look at safe havens with some degree of longing. at least for the short term.
    I DID enter Afghanistan ilegally, and I encountered nothing but kindness and hospitality for the time that I was there. I didn't get shot.
    To be fair to you, I don't think I would choose to do it right now, though.
    Nevertheless, I don't think Australians have much to fear from refugees, except from a bunch of uninformed idiots running around whipping up hysteria on the basis of misinformed stereotypes.
    You are, of course, welcome to your opinion.
  6. titus, vvp - you both said it better than i could :D

i'm proud that australia is a multicultral safe haven for people and familys escaping from war ridden countries.
  7. Been there done that. 200 years ago white guys is stupid hats turned up and promptly insisted on using their own language, establishing their own legal system, flying their own flag and enforcing their own religion.

Guess what? They're still here!! It seems to be working so far (unless you live in Wadeye).

More recently, Australian troops have been doing quite a lot of "illegal entering" in Afganistan and Iraq, and you'd have to guess from the speed of their deployment that we were in East Timor weeks before the independence push took place - despite our politicians claiming that they were "respecting Indonesia's sovereignty"

The trouble is, the Americans who first circulated this tired bit of anti-Mexican propaganda claim just the same thing - theirs is the only country "soft" enough that you can do all these things. You say that Australia is the only one - so clearly, you can't both be right. Why not get back the Americans and sort that bit out, and then come back to us.
  8. You mean we're not Americans? are you sure? how can you tell?
  9. Re: TRY THIS:

That is soooo totally true - they would never put up with that in Afghanistan or Iraq! So the choice is clear - we must change our culture to be more like them, so we won't put up with crap.

I mean, they've got it so right don't they?

Where's my AK-47...
  10. Yeah

I guess my opinion is middle ground on this. I do like that they can find refuge here. I mean, when you see their conditions, I can't say how anyone can deny that. They come because they have it better here.

But isn't it a little ungrateful to be demanding special treatment? I mean, if you come to Australia, you should be an Australian, not a transplanted Arab.

Sure, keep your cultural things, I'm not gonna interfere with that. But sure as hell don't expect me to give classes on your culture, this isn't your home country and you left there BECAUSE IT WAS BETTER HERE.

For the life of me, I don't understand why someone would leave make demands of us and try to turn our country to theirs.

Be aware that these are broad comments. Got no problems with your culture, got no problems with your people, unless you try and force it on me, when that happens, be prepared for a fight.
  11. The way I see it. if you let someone into your home you treat them with respect. If you dont want to do that, then dont let them in.

The only thing I dont like is people who enter the country illegally and complain about the conditions at the detention centres, which mind you are probably 10 times better than where they came from, I bet they weren't complaining being crammed into a container or boat that was struggling to stay afloat eating their own shit to stay alive to get here. They should be gratefull that we dont blow them out of the water or tell them to turn their boat around in the first place as they do in other countries. There is a formal process Australia has for refugees to seek asylum, they should use that. Its like someone jumping into your back yard, are you going to beat the crap out of them with a baseball bat? or are you going to invite them in and cook them a hearty meal?

But sticking with the topic, I agree people should make an effort to learn the langauge at least, but we can't expect them to change their cutoms and beliefs.
  12. Re: TRY THIS:

I agree with you fireblade. 100%.
  13. You're quite right on both points, the difference when someone jumps into my backyard is why they're there.... Kids often knock balls into our backyard and jump the fence to get em back... which is all well and good, but if I thought someone was stealing from me, like illegal immigrants, I'm not real happy with that.

Minimum requirements, if you're not fluent in English 2 years after entering the country, obviously you're not interested in becoming a useful Australian.
  14. titus I disagree with you very strongly on the things you said except for one thing. Yes they love to bring up thier loves ones with some degree of security: that is social security from Centrelink. .
  15. There's a few things in Fireblade's original post that are worthy of some reasoned debate...
    .... there's nothing in yours.
  16. well said... :shock:
  17. I don't blame any man who would want to save himself or the lives of his family. I am happy to have my Tax dollars help them. However, dear readers, there are holes in the system, and that's where the poo gets in. There is poo in this country right now who would see us dead; just for being who we are. THAT is the difference, we do not actively seek and kill those who merely believe in a different way of life.
  18. Well, that does go both ways, some are more educate and some very much less so. Generalities are not your friend though.

And as we can see, some Australians are more educated than others :p
  19. If they really love their culture and beliefs, why are they here. The sure reason is they want to drag the Australian culture down to their culture. And complain of racism if confronted with objections.
  20. Remove Centrelink here and there will be very few refugees coming here. And they will be real refugees, not his sort.