Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Troy Corser Australia's latest World Champion of the 250's

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by scooter, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Well according to Sandy Roberts at the tail end of the 7 news sport segment this evening. :LOL:

Congratulations Troy that really was a hell of an effort that you put in this year, hmmmn wonder what type of Suzuki 250 he was riding? :LOL:

2. Channel Ten would probably have done a better job of it, but I really expect something better from Sandy Roberts!

3. At least he got a mention, I s'pose. I have not heard anything about it on the other networks. The closest that the ABC got to today was a 10 sec bite about an Australian who got a "podium finish" in a rally championship round....

If Casey Stoner wins the 250cc World Championship, I wonder how many of the stations will cover this...

4. Well, WBSK anyways :) I'm amazed he stayed on a bike long enough to achieve that :)

5. Car racing news will always be greater than bike racing news because more people drive cars, but a World Championship in Superbikes is surely more news-worthy than a third place in one round of the World Rally Championship, esp when the title is already decided......

6. Mind you a Suzuki GSX-R 250 would flog an R1 anyway.....

7. It may have been a well disguised handbag