Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Trouble starting in the morning

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by hph, Mar 28, 2008.

1. My 85 gsx750 kat has developed a starting problem in the last few days.
    The motor will crank over but refuses to fire. This will continue for a few mins and then It starts fine. I do not experience this problem during the day once it has started in the morning. :cry: Any help is appreciated :)

2. At a guess I'd say it's a weak spark - which is going to be most noticeable when the engine is cold and at its most temperamental. Check the battery, and check and/or replace the plugs first - but could be the coil packs/plug leads are getting close to stuffed.
  3. people start to notice these problems as the weather gets cooler. Generally you need to creep your idle speed up as the weather cools, but you may need a carbie overhaul.

As JD notes, a new set of plugs won't hurt.
  4. +1
  5. Do you use choke?
    Coming into winter is an excelent time for a thorough tune up for a bike, give it the works, and be rewarded with a reliable bike in the cold, rainy winter months.

Regards, Andrew.