Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Triumph Tiger

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by JohnG., Jan 9, 2006.

1. Has anyone owned a Triumph Tiger?
    What are like to live with longterm?
    Any weakness' or dramas...?

2. Seems that a big sexy makeover is coming for the Triumph Triger in mid '06 - early 2007.
    To compete directly against the KTM 950 Supermoto, to give you an idea:

As for current & previous Tigers, seems that germans love 'em. Underestimated. Not sure about reliability, but they're supposed to be better than what the other Triumphs are like, but that's maybe due to the type of owners that buy them. Flexible package, most likely the type of bike everyone should be riding, but us bike buyers get dazzled by race-reps.
    Every 2nd hand one I've seen has big miles on it, which must be a good thing.
  3. Yes, correcto.
    Quite a few Tigers that I know of are now well over the 100,000k mark, with no major dramas.
    Most of the guys that I know that bought them use them as tourers. They're not much use on dirt (although still better than a sports bike, for this).
    Rumours from the UK are hinting at 3 different variants of the next Tiger - a tourer, a supermotard, and a dirt-capable adventure bike :)