Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Triumph Tiger (cub) 675...fact or fiction ?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by martych, Dec 11, 2007.

1. I found the photo below which was simply titled 'Triumph's new Tiger Cub 675'.
    Frustrating as all hell, as I have heard rumors of such a beastie being put into production, due to the enormous success of the Daytona and more recently, the Street Triple, but with no confirmation.

I'm pretty sure this is a photo-shop job, but can't really be sure.

Surely IF it was true (that this is a reality) there would be a market, wouldn't there ? I mean there seems to be quite a few V-Stroms and Transalps etc around.

Anyone know more ?

2. I doubt it would be as cheap as a vstorm, which is its possible biggest problem with the idea, otherwise i would be all over it like a rash.
  3. Yeah, dunno about the price thing. I mean the Street Triple isn't all that much more than an SV650 and by all accounts, it's a WHOLE lot better.

I own a 650 V-Strom but I'd be guessing this thing would piss all over it in every way. I guess we may never know.
  4. The T595 forum have been agitating for a "Tiger Cub" model for the best part of two years - in fact I believe thay probably thought it up. Certainly Triumph have never even mentioned it (or anything like it) themselves.

About 18 months ago the semi-official Triumphrat site ran a survey of what models people wanted to see made, and one of the options was a mid-size all-roader. Some people took this to mean a 675 based Tiger, but my belief is that they actually meant the Bonneville-based Scrambler.

It could happen, but I think it's a very long shot.
  5. Not here but in Europe it could well be cheaper than a V-Strom, and I'm sure it'd have a fairly big market over there too. Really is surprising that Triumph haven't released something like this already.
  6. It'd be a great alternative ... and complete Triumph's 675 line - Daytona / Street Triple / Tiger Cub.

Time will tell if it is fiction!