Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Triumph Tiger 800 XR service costs

Discussion in 'Adventure/Enduro' at netrider.net.au started by matt_thebaker, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Hi everyone. Long time member, extremely inconsistent poster (I believe it's been ten years)... I'm currently looking at upgrading my old GSX750F to an adventure tourer, and one I'm considering is the Tiger 800 XR. Just wondering if anyone has any info about service costs, I'm particularly curious as to whether the parts are alot more than for a Japanese adventure tourer. The sales guy assures me they are no more expensive, I'm a bit reluctant to believe it though. Cheers!

2. I've got an XRx. It was a demo so the dealer, in Melbourne, did the 1k service on it before I bought it and brought back to Canberra. For the 10k service I thought I would try the Triumph dealer here. From memory they quoted about $320 which was about the same or a bit more than the mechanic I took my Vstrom to. They ended up charging me about $430. It's due for its 20k service soon and I'll be taking it back to my usual mechanic but so far I haven't got much to go on to give you more info about parts except to say it doesn't look like it costs too much more to maintain.

3. Thanks Jekka. So by the sounds of that it might be cheaper if the service intervals are only 6k on the V Strom which is the other option I'm looking at

4. Thats true, probably not much difference either way. Although the Vstrom probably didn't need it every 6k, but thats whats recommended.
    Anyway, I don't think you can go wrong with either bike